Year to year many job seekers are looking for different resume writing approaches in resume formatting. Their main goal is to write an outstanding resume 2023 and win the competition this year! That’s why today we’re going to talk about another resume format, which works better for some candidates and brings more interview invitations.
So, if you are hesitant about which resume template to pick: chronological resume format or functional resume format – this post is right for you. As you know both chronological and skills-based resume formats are the most popular resume formats in the US, but there is one more resume format, which could be interesting for you – combination resume format 2023 (also known as Hybrid resume format)
As you already know, a functional resume template is for people, who would like to highlight their skills more than their experience level. Chronological for those, who would like to show their career path.
The combination is the resume 2023 format, which would help you to solve both of the problems above. It would not only highlight your skills and also show your relevant experience and last places of work – it’s the best choice from the other resume 2023 formats.
Job seekers, who would get more chances using this resume template:
Combination resume format 2023: How to write in a hybrid style
What is the main advantage of the hybrid resume format? First of all – it’s flexible and allows you to include any information you need. There are no any rules on what you can add there or can’t. It’s a “free” format.
But, if you would like to achieve the best result, let’s try to understand how your resume should be crafted to get the best result. There is one small secret, and this secret is your career summary. When you are using a combination resume, the summary block is one of the most important. It should emphasize your key achievements and show the hiring manager your attitude to work.
Combination resume layout 2023
- Personal information – you should include your First Name and Last Name at the top of your resume template. Remember to include your phone number and e-mail address. It should be easy to find the block if HR would need to find it quickly.
- Education sector – some job postings include specific education. If you are going to apply for such job ads, check if your resume includes an education block.
- Awards and Certificates – as we have already talked about before, it’s a free template and if you would like to add more information about you, which could bring value to you as a candidate, it’s a good time to place them into your resume.
- Skills. They should not be the main block of your resume, because we’re not writing a functional resume. But it’s a good practice to place skills block somewhere in the middle.
- Achievements. You should concentrate on them more in your summary block, but still, if you have some information to place in this block, it’s good practice.
- Work experience – It’s really important to add this block to your resume. If HR would like to clarify any information, you should give them such ability.
Combination resume template 2023: Pros and Cons
|Hybrid resume advantages||Hybrid resume disadvantages|
|If you don’t have an impressive work history, a hybrid resume would help you to highlight your skills without focusing on some specific areas of expertise||It’s hard to apply for positions, which are not relevant. And only skills would not help you to get the job.|
|If you want to change your career field, this resume format is the best for you||If you are a job-changer, this resume format is not for you.|
|If your career path was not brilliant, this resume format would help you to hide some employment gaps or would show your candidacy in the most positive light.||Before you will apply for any position, you should remember that the resume format you chose, plays a crucial role in the consideration process. If you hesitate about resume format, feel free to use some of them and try which would work better.|