What is an Entry-Level Accounting Clerk Resume?
An entry-level accounting clerk’s resume sample is a document that outlines your skills and experience related to accounting and bookkeeping. It should highlight your ability to accurately keep financial records and perform various accounting tasks. Many businesses are looking for entry-level candidates who are detail-oriented and have strong math skills. If you have relevant experience, whether from school or from a previous job, be sure to include it on your resume.
Your job resume format for 2023 should also list any special training or certifications you have related to accounting. Entry-level accounting clerk positions are often entry-level positions within a company’s accounting department. Candidates who possess the necessary skills and experience can use their resumes to secure an interview with potential employers. A well-written resume can give you a competitive edge over other candidates and help you land the job you want.
What to Put on Your Resume as an Entry-Level Accounting Clerk?
Entry-level accounting clerks typically have little to no experience in the field. However, there are still several things that you can include on your resume to make yourself stand out from the competition. Start by highlighting any relevant coursework or internships that you have completed. If you have any experience working with numbers or bookkeeping, be sure to mention it as well.
Accounting clerical work often requires strong attention to detail and multitasking skills, so be sure to highlight examples of times when you have excelled in these areas. Finally, make sure to list any professional memberships or certifications that you may hold. By taking the time to tailor your resume, you can increase your chances of landing an interview for an entry-level accounting clerk position.
So what should you include on your resume to make it stand out from the rest?
- Name and contact information.
- Resume summary.
- Work experience.
- Additional relevant accomplishments.
To obtain an entry-level accounting clerk position with a focus on bookkeeping and ensuring accuracy within the financial records of the company.
Entry-Level Accounting Clerk Skills to Include on Resume
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Strong math skills, particularly in regard to percentages and ratios
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
Completed an Associate’s degree in Accounting from ABC Community College in 2018
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- Information Systems in Accounting
Assistant Accounting Clerk
ABC Inc. New York, NY 2019-present
- Process invoices and payments
- Assist in preparing financial reports
- Maintain customer files and records
Resume Example #2
To secure an entry-level accounting clerk position with a well-established company where I can utilize my skills and abilities in order to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Skills to Include on an Entry-Level Accounting Clerk Resume
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with double-entry bookkeeping principles
Bachelor of Science in Accounting from XYZ University
- Successfully completed an online course in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
ABC Inc. New York, NY 2019-present
- Managed and maintained the books of account
- Prepared financial statements and other reports
- Assisted in audits
- Monitored accounts payable and receivable
- Handled customer inquiries
Lindsay is a certified resume writer and interview coach. She obtained her certification in resume writing (CPRW) which will allow her resume expertise to help readers outshine the competition within the first 5 seconds of reviewing what they have on paper.