What is a Beauty Consultant Resume?
A beauty consultant’s resume sample is a document for a professional responsible for providing expert advice on all beauty and grooming products to customers. They must be able to build strong customer relationships and have an in-depth knowledge of beauty products and services. Professional cosmetology resume examples will help you to create your perfect resume to obtain the desired position.
What to Include on Beauty Consultant Resume?
When it comes to writing a resume, there are a few different schools of thought. Some people believe that the more information you include, the better. However, others believe that less is more and that a resume should be as concise as possible. If you’re in the market for a new job as a beauty consultant, it’s important to strike the right balance. Here are some of the things you should definitely include to make the most popular resume format in 2023:
- Name and contact information.
- Resume summary.
- Work experience.
- Additional relevant accomplishments.
A highly experienced and talented Beauty Consultant with a proven track record in providing excellent customer service and achieving sales targets. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a passion for making people look and feel their best.
Beauty Consultant Skills to Include on Resume
- Skincare: knowledge of products, ingredients, and effects; ability to assess skin type and recommend products and treatments
- Makeup application: ability to identify facial features, determine appropriate makeup for each feature, and apply makeup correctly
- Hairstyling: ability to identify hair type and recommend hairstyles; knowledge of basic hair care principles
- Nail care: knowledge of basic nail care principles and techniques; ability to give a basic manicure/pedicure
- Fashion: current trends in makeup, hairstyle, and fashion; knowledge of how to put together an outfit that is flattering for different body types
Associative Degree in Modeling, Jacksonville State University, Alabama, AL
Pink Era, New York, NY 2019-present
- Work with clients to find the best beauty products and services for their needs
- Offer advice on how to use beauty products and how to achieve desired looks
- Assist clients with selecting makeup, hair, and skincare products
Butterfly, WA 2017-2019
- Help clients book appointments for beauty services
- Keep up to date on the latest beauty trends
- Respond to client feedback and suggestions
MakeUp, New York, NY 2015-2017
- Help clients find the best beauty products for their needs
- Offer advice on how to use beauty products
- Assess the needs of each client and recommend services or products
Resume Example #2
Experienced beauty consultant with a passion for helping others look and feel their best. Skilled in providing consultation services, hair and makeup application, and product recommendations. Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
Skills to Include on a Beauty Consultant Resume
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of various beauty products and services
- Skilled in providing beauty consultations
- Well-versed in hair and makeup styling techniques
- Ability to sell beauty products and services
B.A. in Communication from the University of Utah
Completed cosmetology coursework from Paul Mitchell the School
ABC Salon, New York, NY 2019-present
- Help customers find the products they need
- Suggest products based on the customer’s needs
- Offer advice on how to use the products
- Recommend routine product usage to help maintain a beauty regimen
XYZ Salon, WA 2017-2019
- Recommends products based on personal preferences
- Develops strong client relationships
- Offers suggestions for how to use products
- Gives advice on how to improve the appearance
CDE Salon, New York, NY 2015-2017
- Receiving formal training in hair and makeup design
- Working as a hair and makeup artist on film sets
- Consulting with clients to provide advice on hair and makeup styles