What is a Civil Drafter Resume?
A civil drafter’s resume sample is a professional document that includes the skills and experience related to drafting civil engineering plans and drawings. A civil drafter typically works with an engineer or architect to produce construction documents. The resume should highlight the drafter’s ability to use AutoCAD and other software programs, as well as any experience with surveying or other aspects of civil engineering. In addition, the resume should list any relevant education or certification, such as an Associate’s degree in drafting or a Professional Engineer license. Those who wish to pursue a career in civil drafting can use these best resume 2023 formats to showcase their skills and experience to potential employers.
What to Include on Civil Drafter Resume?
When applying for a job as a civil drafter, it is important to include certain information on your resume in order to increase your chances of being hired:
- Name and contact information.
- Resume summary.
- Work experience.
- Additional relevant accomplishments.
Civil Drafter with experience in creating detailed drawings of roadways, bridges, and water systems. Skilled in AutoCAD and Revit. Strong math and physics skills.
Civil Drafter Skills to Include on Resume
- Drafting and designing civil engineering projects such as roads, bridges, and buildings
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and technical drawings
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) software to create designs
- Familiarity with construction materials and methods
- Knowledge of safety procedures
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara, CA
Icarus, New York, NY 2019-present
- Drafting building or site plans, grading plans, and roadway plans for civil engineering projects
- Working with a surveyor to collect data for site plans
- Coordinating with other professionals on project timeline and design
Phantom Company, WA 2017-2019
- Reviewing building codes to ensure compliance
- Preparing permit applications
Blueprint Inc., New York, NY 2015-2017
- Drafting plans and drawings for construction projects
- Reviewing blueprints and specifications to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
Resume Example #2
A highly skilled civil drafter with experience in the industry for over 10 years. Skilled in AutoCAD, Microstation, and other drafting software. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills to Include on a Civil Drafter Resume
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, XYZ University
ABC Company, New York, NY 2019-present
- Responsible for drafting civil engineering plans and drawings for municipal and private projects.
- Create accurate, detailed, and concise drawings according to project specifications.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of civil engineering design standards.
XYZ Company, WA 2017-2019
- Drafting and designing civil engineering plans, including site plans, highway alignment plans, and water distribution systems
- Preparing cost estimates for proposed projects
- Reviewing construction drawings to ensure compliance with specifications
CDE Inc., New York, NY 2015-2017
- Researching codes and regulations related to civil engineering projects
- Coordinating with other professionals, such as architects and contractors, to ensure that projects are completed on schedule
Lindsay is a certified resume writer and interview coach. She obtained her certification in resume writing (CPRW) which will allow her resume expertise to help readers outshine the competition within the first 5 seconds of reviewing what they have on paper.